Five Ways To Drink More Water
It's no secret that water is essential for your health and overall well being. However, it can be difficult to know how to consume more glasses of water during the day. This is especially the case for someone use to drinking other things such as juice or soda. Therefore, consider trying a few of this tips to drink more water.
1. Make it easy - You will likely drink more water if it is convenient. Consider getting a water filtration system for your home and keeping a pitcher of filtered water in your fridge. When you reach for the soda, you will see the water pitcher and perhaps opt for this healthy alternative instead.
2. Keep water with you - Try carrying around a reusable water bottle for a week and see how much more water you will drink throughout the day. Take the bottle to work, to the grocery store and to the gym and you will certainly consume more water just because you have it with you.
3. Drink a glass of water before anything else - If you love drinking juice with breakfast or milk with dinner, try trying a glass of water before you allow yourself to drink anything else. This will serve as an incentive to get your daily recommended glasses of water, while still enjoying your favorite beverages.
4. Drink water before eating - Consider drinking one glass of water before you eat anything, including snacks. You will find that in addition to drinking more water throughout the day, you will likely eat less and maybe even lose weight!
5. Take baby steps - If you aren't use to drinking a lot of water, don't expect to be able to drink eight glasses the first day. Take your time and drink a little more every day until you can comfortably drink around eight glasses a day.