Six Ways To Save Money Everyday
Are you trying to save money to go on a tropical vacation or to get your mother a thoughtful birthday gift? Most people are constantly trying to stick to a budget, but many have trouble finding ways to successfully do so. Consider following a few of these suggestions and get yourself a piggy bank because you should start saving pennies in no time.
1. Make your own coffee - Coffee is one thing that millions of Americans buy everyday. But going to Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts everyday can burn a pretty big hole in your pocket. Consider making your own coffee, or at least limit your coffee shop trips.
2. Eat out less often - It is no secret that eating out at restaurants can get very expensive. While it can be more convenient, it is not in your best interest if you are saving money or trying to lose weight.
3. Take public transportation - If you live in a big city, look into taking public transportation to work instead of spending money on gas. Bus lines and subway systems are usually fairly inexpensive.
4. Grocery shop when you're full - Grocery shopping while you are hungry is the best way to rack up an expensive bill. Instead, go right after you eat or while you are in a hurry.
5. Turn off the lights - Save money on electric bills by turning off the lights and electronics when you are not using them.
6. Limit your toiletry use - Most people use too much shampoo, toothpaste and even toilet paper. Consider how much you are using and how much you actually need. Keep in mind that most people only need a dime sized amount of shampoo per shower.