Five Smartphone Apps For Travelers
There seems to be an app for everything and that is certainly the case when it comes to traveling. Smartphones make it easier than ever with programs that cost mere dollars and download to the palm of your hand in seconds. So if you are planning a trip soon, check out one of these great apps available for your convenience.
1. TripIt - TripIt is a company that makes a variety of travel planning applications for just about any smart device you might own include the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and Widows Phone 7. TripIt allows you to manage every aspect of your trip from booking airline tickets to making restaurant reservations all in one place. This app truly makes life easier when it comes to traveling.
2. Lonely Planet - This is the perfect travel companion for iPhone users. The team at Lonely Planet helps you to learn the ins and outs of a city and avoid common tourist traps. This app will suggest experiences and activities based on your location and the recommendations are straight from the app authors.
3. My Vacation - Most people like to maintain a travel journal while on vacation, but carrying around a notebook all the time can be a pain. My Vacation is a travel journal app made for iPhone and iPad. Forget only making simple diary entry, this allows you to include photos, videos, maps and audio records too!
4. Wikitude - Available for Android and iPhone, Wikitude allows you to get information on what is around you by pointing your phone's camera at whatever you are looking at. Point your camera at the Eiffel Tower or the Grand Canyon and let your phone tell you all about it!
5. All Subway - No more getting lost trying to use unfamiliar public transportation systems. Using the London tube or Washington D.C. Metro is now a breeze.