Five Simple Tricks To Save Money On Gas
Gasoline prices can put a real dent in your wallet these days whether you are driving a truck or a little convertible. This is especially true if you are dependent on your vehicle as your primary mode of transportation to and from work. In this is the case, since your car is a necessity, you can not reduce the amount of money you spend on gas each week. Or can you? There are a variety of simple tips and tricks that you can use if you are determined and dedicated to do what it takes to to save money on gas purchases.
1. Carpool - This may be an obvious bit of advice, but many people who mope and whine about the price of gas have never actually tried carpooling with family members or co-workers. Sure, it may not be the most convenient option all the time, but it can save a lot of money and is better for the environment.
2. Roll down the window - If it is a nice day or if you are only driving around the block, do not turn on the air conditioning. By rolling down the window and getting some fresh air, you will decrease the amount of gas you burn and save a little money.
3. Use rewards - Enroll in a gas rewards program at your local gas station or grocery store. These reward points are easier to redeem than you probably think and you might as well get something extra out of the purchases you were already planning to make.
4. Brake wisely - If you see a red light in the distance, do not wait until the last minute to hit the breaks. Slowing your car down at a gradual pace will reduce the amount of gas burned and will be kinder to your break pads.
5. Hit the gym - According to Faithandfinance.org, 30 fewer pounds can increase your miles per gallon by one-tenth to one-hundredth of a percent. Shed the pounds you have been meaning to lose anyway or throw out the junk in your trunk to save some green.