Five Ways To Save Money When Traveling
Traveling can get really expensive,and many trips can quickly become much pricier than anticipated. An original budget is often surpassed as unforeseen expenditures tack on the bill and souvenirs cost a pretty penny. However, there are a variety of ways to save money while traveling so that you can stay within your budget, and maybe even a little under!
1. Use budget travel websites - Websites like Priceline and Expedia can provide great deals to travelers. One of the best ways to save on these sites is to take advantage of last minute deals and price negotiation offers.
2. Fly standby - Many airlines overbook flights and then offer free tickets or credit to passengers that give up their seats and fly standby on later flights. Help someone else out by volunteering and save money on future flights at the same time!
3. Consider company discounts - There is a chance that your company receives discounts at certain hotels and airlines. Why not ask your supervisor if you can use some of the company perks?
4. Don't buy snacks and drinks - Pack your own snacks and drinks while flying and sightseeing. Outside food is allowed on airplanes and empty water bottles are accepted at security. You can save a lot of money by packing your own munchies, plus you will have all of your favorites on hand at all times!
5. Prepare for emergencies - You never know when an emergency is going to occur and it is possible that it could happen while you are traveling. If you, or a family member you are traveling with gets hurt or sick, you will likely have to pay out of pocket for health care. Even if your insurance covers it later, it can be a huge inconvenience to get the refund once you arrive back at home.